NJSC "State Center for Support of National Cinema" re-announces the acceptance of applications for participation in the competitive selection of children's animated films and family suitability of motion pictures imported into the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for dubbing into the Kazakh language.
To participate in the selection of films for dubbing, it is necessary to submit an application in paper and electronic form, as well as the following documents and materials, from 11.08.2023 to 08.09.2023 at this link:
1) a copy of an identity document for an individual or a certificate of state registration (re-registration) for a legal entity;
2) presentation of films, where the names of films are indicated, brief information about the author (authors) of the picture play, the director-producer, the subjects of cinematographic activity, describes the main characters, contains a teaser poster, poster or other promotional materials;
3) summary of films (synopsis);
4) cost estimates for dubbing films;
5) copies of agreements on the intention to carry out dubbing with a cinematographic organization.
Documents in a foreign language are accompanied by their notarized translation in Kazakh or Russian.
Within 10 working days after the deadline for accepting applications, a list of selected films with their brief contents will be posted on the website of the State Film and Television Center www.kazakhcinema .kz for the preliminary online voting, which will last 20 working days. It will be possible to take part in the voting using a Google account.
Applications for films selected as a result of online voting will be submitted to the Expert Council for consideration in accordance with the Rules for the Selection of children's animated films and family suitability of motion pictures imported into the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for dubbing into the Kazakh language.
Participants of the competition must meet the requirements set out in subparagraphs 40 and 44 of the Rules for Public Procurement, approved by the order of the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 11, 2015 No. 648, in the current edition, as amended, taking into account the changes made by the order of the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 14, 2022 No. 35 (paragraph 3, “Procedure for determining the compliance of a potential supplier to the
qualification requirement in the form of its financial stability”). They must also have the necessary authority and the right to dubbing into the Kazakh language from the copyright holders of content that meets international requirements in the field of copyright compliance.
The application and the package of documents in paper form are provided by the applicants to the SCSNC on working days from 12:00 to 18:00 at the address: Almaty Conference Hall, 2nd floor, Alma-Ata Hotel, Kabanbai Batyr str., 85, Almaty city, Republic of Kazakhstan.
Additional information about participation in the competition can be obtained by phone:
+ 7 (707) 125 73 68 – Aigul Izmaganbetova, Specialist of the Distribution and Marketing Research Department
Excerpt from the Law "On Cinematography" of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 3, 2019:
The selection of children's animated films and family suitability of motion pictures imported into the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan to receive state support in the form of financing dubbing into the Kazakh language is carried out with the combination of the following grounds, if the film:
1) aimed at harmonious intellectual and educational development of the individual, spiritual and moral education of children;
2) corresponds to the age classification of films;
3) meets the requirements for the dissemination of information products provided for by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On the protection of children from information that harms their health and development";
4) does not contradict the national interests of the Republic of Kazakhstan provided for by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On National Security of the Republic of Kazakhstan";
5) designed for wide distribution with a high expectation rating according to international standards;
6) scored the required number of votes based on the results of the preliminary online voting on the Internet resource of the State Center for the Support of National Cinema.