A subsidy in the film industry is provided to a foreign legal entity on a basis of agreement and if the amount of investments is not less than one hundred and thirty thousand times the Monthly Calculation Index set by the law “On Republican Budget”. The Index is revised every year (KZT 2651 for 2020).
A subsidy is provided by reimbursing up to 30% of the cost of goods, works and services related to the film production in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Foreign film production company should sign an agreement or contract on the incentives provision with Kazakhstan Film Commission.
The subsidy is provided by reimbursing up to 30% of the cost of goods, works and services related to the film production or its part in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Terms of granting subsidies are:
1) the recipient of subsidies must be a foreign legal entity (its branch and representative office)
2) the amount of investments must be not less than one hundred and thirty thousand times the Monthly Calculation Index set by the law “On Republican Budget” as of the date of submission of the application for film production in the Republic of Kazakhstan
3) production of the film or its part must be on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan
2) document, confirming the legal status of the legal entity or its branch
3) founding documents
5) film project*
6) film budget
7) Presentation of film project including the name of the film, information on filmmakers (scriptwriter, director, production company), description of the main film characters, poster and teaser poster, other advertising materials
Notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian should go along with documents and materials in a foreign language.
Submitted documents and materials are not to be reviewed and returned.
The application must be certified by the signature of the individual or by the seal of the legal entity as well as the signature of its head.
The electronic document file must be in one of the following formats: PDF, DOC/DOCX, TIF/TIFF, JPG/JPEG. The original and scanned document format is A4 (210 x 297 mm) with 100% image scale and black-and-white scanning color scheme.
The content of the scanned document should be easy-to-read both on monitor screen and on paper.
Archiving files is mandatory. For archiving use programs: WinRar, WinZip. The size of the archive sent by e-mail should not exceed 15Mb.
Attach the archived file to this form or send it to: email@example.com with the note "Request for Subsidies".
Tel: +7 /7172/ 72-50-88, extension numbers 113, 116 (production department )