Financing co-production projects claiming to be recognized as national films is carried out in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Cinematography". The amount of financing is to be determined in the contract of co-production.
A film shot in cooperation with foreign cinema organizations might be recognized as a national film.
For co-production projects selection you should submit to Kazakhstan Film Commission an application with the following documents:
1) ID copy or certificate of state registration (re-registration)
2) description of the project (script, director’s vision, cost estimates, shooting schedule, marketing plan, visual materials), business plan or synopsis (for projects in the stage of development;
3) film summary
4) biographical and creative information about the creative team (CV, films shot etc.)
5) preliminary contracts for production/co-production, distribution and release of the film
6) copies of the certificate of state registration (re-registration) and constituent documents of the legal entity (production company) or a copy of the ID of the individual (producer)
7) copies of the contracts with the film crew (directors, cameramen, sound engineers, costume designers, editors, actors performing lead roles) and copies of their IDs (if any)
Application and the attached documents will be returned without consideration within 5 (five) working days from the date of deadline in case of:
1) receipt of applications after deadline
2) submission of documents that do not comply with Film Projects Selection Rules
3) the provision of incorrect or distorted information
Notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian should go along with documents and materials in a foreign language.
Submitted documents and materials are not to be reviewed and returned.
The application must be certified by the signature of the individual or by the seal of the legal entity as well as the signature of its head.
The electronic document file must be in one of the following formats: PDF, DOC/DOCX, TIF/TIFF, JPG/JPEG. The original and scanned document format is A4 (210 x 297 mm) with 100% image scale and black-and-white scanning color scheme.
The content of the scanned document should be easy-to-read both on monitor screen and on paper.
Archiving files is mandatory. For archiving use programs: WinRar, WinZip. The size of the archive sent by e-mail should not exceed 15 Mb.
Attach the archived file to this form or send it to email@example.com with the note "Request for Co-Production".